Samba v2.2.8

COLLOT Jean-Yves Jean-Yves.COLLOT at cofiroute.fr
Thu Apr 17 16:27:10 GMT 2003

Tim Oakley said in a previous entry of this mailing list :

> Users who connect with non priveleged VMS uids ALL get refused.

Actually, after some more information exchanged between me and Tim Oakley,
it happens to be a more complicated case than a simple privilege/no
privilege issue. In fact, the privileges are not the point here.

The point is that SMBD crashes if you use de "valid users" entry of
SMB.CONF, and in this "valid users" you put a list of VMS groups, such as :

Valid users = @group1 @group2

I must confess that I didn't even KNOW that was possible !!!

However, if a user is part of the first group in the list, that's OK. If he
is not, and if he is part of the second group, then SMBD crashes, and from
the client PC, it is seen as if the connection was refused.

This problem will be fixed in the next release.