Problem with VMS_SUPPORT.C

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Apr 1 03:25:57 GMT 2003

COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:
 > John Malmberg wrote:
>>These open/writes should not update the file modification dates.  The
>>only way I see around this is to track to see if the file was actually
>>modified and then use the XQP function to restore the dates to what they
>>were when the file was opened.
>
> I completely agree. That's exactly what the last Samba/VMS version does.

Unfortunately this is the wrong thing to do when their are multiple
users accessing the file.  If one of them modifies the file on purpose,
that modification date gets lost.

Either pure RMS or ACP calls need to be used, or an extension is needed
for the C RTL.  The extension would be to allow XABs to be added on to a
file open request.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network