Samba/VMS Version 2.2.4

Jean-François PIÉRONNE jf.pieronne at laposte.net
Mon Sep 16 20:22:55 GMT 2002

Mike,

> Got it.  We installed C 6.5 on Sunday and everything except SWAT compiled,
> linked, and started.  SWAT didn't start properly and I suspect it's because
> we aren't running a HTTP server on the system.  This isn't a big issue for
> us, though as long as I can configure using smb.conf.  I haven't looked at
> the smb.conf(5) man page yet.

I am running Samba 2.2.4 on VMS TCPIP 5.3 and SWAT run correctly.

You can check if the service SWAT is correctly enabled:
$ tcpip sh service swat

Service             Port  Proto    Process          Address            State

SWAT                 901  TCP,UDP  SWAT             0.0.0.0             Enabled

Jean-François