Samba on vax openvms7.2 troubles

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sat Oct 19 03:04:31 GMT 2002

"Franco Tassone" <franco.tassone at inwind.italy> wrote:

> I've tried and installed both linkable 2.0.3 and 2.0.6 samba packages for
> openvms vax, I could set up and run them fine, unfortunatelly I'm unable to
> login neither "see" the samba server using my win95 client.

Your SAMBA_SMBD service is probably not set to /FLAGS=LISTEN.  This
seems to be a problem that showed up about TCPIP 5.1.

> I haven't updated yet the win95 registry to instruct it to use clear
> passwords though.

SAMBA 2.0.6 can use encrypted passwords if they are set with the
SMBPASSWD program.

> Could you please help me to solve this issue ?
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The above URL can be used to check the archives of this list.

If you search on http://www.google.com for comp.os.vms and SAMBA-VMS
FAQ, I think a large FAQ I posted should come up.

I have also posted some alternate URLS for it in the archive of this list.

There has also been a 2.2.4 test release discussed on this list.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network