Samba 2.0.3 on OpenVMS / Multinet

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sat Nov 9 21:24:21 GMT 2002

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Samba 2.0.3 on OpenVMS (Dr. Guilherme Regis)
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:09:54 -0200 (BRST)
> "Dr. Guilherme Regis" wrote:
>
> Hi again, Samba experts:
>
> I found out that NMBD Samba 2.0.3 VAX/VMS, version file:
>
>     SAMBA-2_0_3-VMS0-BIN_VAX.ZIP;1
>
> does not read the network *routing* information from the Multinet
> setups correctly.
>
> My network configuration is, in brief:
>
>            Machine/OS             NETBIOS name  Samba Version
> --------------------------------  ------------  -------------
> VAXstation 4000/60 OpenVMS 6.2     VAXSTATION    2.0.3  VMS
> Pentium III 600 RedHat Linux 6.2   NOSTROMO      2.0.10 LINUX

<snip>

I do not know abut Multinet, but maybe if you post your question in the
newsgroup:

vmsnet.networks.tcp-ip.multinet

Someone there may now the answer.  Be sure to indicate what version of
Multinet you are running.

Also check to see if you are up to date with the DEC C RTL patches for
OpenVMS 6.2.

And if you do get a useful answer, please post it to this list so that
others who may encounter the same problem could be helped.

-John
wb8ytw at qsl.network