Cannot Copy Files FROM ALPHA (2.0.6)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu May 30 03:46:53 GMT 2002

"Naveed Ahmed" <Greatman at Softhome.network> wrote:

> Here is dump of log file when I try to access file Welcome.txt from Win98,
> Debug level is 7 there are no share files in locks folder, does this mean,
> 2.0.6 will not work, and I should use 2.0.3?

[dump snipped]

I do not know what is causing the bad file number.

You can try turning off oplocks in the smb.conf file.

or you can try 2.0.3.  Please read the latest SAMBA-VMS FAQ when
changing versions.

I recently found a bug in the Frontport library where under some
conditions it can not open files that it does not have write permission
for.  Apparently the CRTL will not allow "shr=nil" option in these cases.

This may or may not be a factor with what you are seeing.

Samba for OpenVMS needs more developers and testers if it is going to
advance.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network