Maybe a VMS thing

David Taubner DTaubner at exchange.hsc.mb.ca
Wed May 15 13:47:30 GMT 2002

When I have seen this problem it is with files that have links within them.
You must either drag and drop them instead of using a VMS copy, or rename
them from the VMS side.  If the filename is "myfile.xls.xls" rename it to
"myfile.xls".  The links seem to still work OK after renaming but it won't
be locked.

David Taubner
CIS Systems Administrator
Health Sciences Centre