Cannot Copy Files FROM ALPHA (2.0.6)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed May 15 02:58:39 GMT 2002

"Naveed Ahmed" <Greatman at Softhome.network> wrote:

 > Thanks, does any body have any idea why Windows is giving access
 > denied when I copy files from VMS to whereas VMS doesn't have any
 > problem when I copy files from Windows to VMS, is it because of
 > privileges of account?

If you are getting the access denied using SMBCLIENT, then it would
appear that Windows 98 is only giving the signed on client read only
access to the share.

A higher level of debug might help give you messages.

If this is using SMBCLIENT, then OpenVMS is doing the file copies.

If this is using SMBD, then Windows 98 is doing the file copies.

This makes a big difference on the troubleshooting methods.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network