Cannot Copy Files FROM ALPHA (2.0.6)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri May 10 19:01:37 GMT 2002

"Naveed Ahmed" <Greatman at Softhome.network> wrote:

 > I am sorry, subject of my mail should have been 'Cannot Copy Files
 > From Alpha'. I have mapped several network drives on shared resources
 > declared in SAMBA Server ALPHA running Open VMS 7.2-1, I can browse
 > shares, can copy files from Win98 to Alpha by simple drag and drop
 > in shared drives, but copying and pasting from Alpha to Win98
 > doesn't work. Win98 gives Access Denied message.
 >
 > I can use SMBCLIENT to access files on VMS.
 >
 > Also where should I change to modify log level?

In the SAMBA 2.0.6 Readme files, a logical name is documented that
allows passing parameters to the SMBD program.

These take effect when the next SMBD process is launched.

I prefer to disable the SMBD service in TCPIP when doing this type of
testing.

Then I direct the SMBD output to /SYS$OUTPUT.

It has been over a year since I have done this, so I would have to look
up in the README files the exact syntax.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network.