Cannot Copy Files to ALPHA (2.0.6)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu May 9 04:20:26 GMT 2002

"Naveed Ahmed" <Greatman at Softhome.network> wrote:

> I have installed SAMBA 2.0.6 on Alpha running VMS 7.2-1. I can browse share,
> see files, copy files to Alpha from Win98, but cannot copy files from Alpha
> to Win98, it gives Access Denied. Why?

Is it Win98 that is giving access denied?

What are you using to copy the files?

If you are using SMBCLIENT, make sure that you have the user name and
password correctly specified.

Can SMBCLIENT be used to access files on the OpenVMS SAMBA server?

Try increasing the log level and checking the logs.  Log level 8 is very
specific about protection errors, but also slows SAMBA down quite a bit.

We really need more precise information to give a diagnosis.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network