FW: Samba 2.0.3 - Bad Password/Username

John Bennett john.bennett at walker.co.uk
Wed May 8 14:41:41 GMT 2002

> I've decided to simplify my question to start with in the hope of a
> response that will enable me to make some further progress with my Samba
> installation...
>
> I have just installed the binary for 2.0.3 on my Alpha box running VMS
> 7.2.  Running through the tests in the DIAGNOSIS.TXT, all local tests
> (i.e. those run from the Alpha) work fine but only if I use SYSTEM as the
> username ("-U" parameter) and the correct password for this account.  My
> own account on the machine has all privs. the same as the system account,
> but responds "Bad Password" etc., the same as any other account I try and
> use.
>
> Access from a pc on the network seems to be suffering the same problem but
> I think it's pointless addressing this until the above one is sorted.
>
> Can anyone help with what may be causing this - in addition to the hints
> given in the DIAGNOSIS.TXT file, all of which I have checked and are ok.
>
> Many thanks to anyone shedding light on this.
> John
>

> John Bennett
> Vista Systems Development Manager
> Walker Books Limited
> Tel. (Bus):	0207 396 2680
> Tel. (Home):	01920 422912
> Email (Home):	jbenet at NTLworld.com

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or
organisation to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or
copyrighted information. If you have received this message in error, please
reply to the originator and delete it immediately. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, disseminate, print or
disclose the contents of this message.

Information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are
those of the author and are not necessarily those of Walker Books Ltd. or
its affiliates.  Walker Books Ltd. accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from its use, including damage from viruses.

Note: Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. Walker Books Ltd. does
not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was
sent.