2.0.6 Problem (file not found)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed May 1 02:45:34 GMT 2002

"Naveed Ahmed" <Greatman at Softhome.network> wrote:

[apparently defined a logical disk0 to map to the disk device]

 > I have done so and set path = /disk0/Naveed, but still can't browse
 > shares it gives following message
 >
 > smbc \\acsys2\naveed added interface ip=135.1.1.2
 > bcast=135.1.255.255 nmask=255.255.0.0 Password: Domain=[POIROT]
 > OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.0.6]
 >
 > smb: \> dir ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) listing \*
 >
 > 40960 blocks of size 512. 1 blocks available

This is indicating either a file does not exist, or a permission problem.

Since you did apparently not specify a username to the smbc command, it
may not be using a valid account name.

 > Smbclient gives OS=[Unix] is problem due to this?

No, I would have expected [OpenVMS], but I am not sure where this is
being reported from.  It is only cosmetic.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network