problem with config of samba2.03 on VMS5.5-2 / UCX 4.1 (Klaus Thonke)

john marchant jmarchant at cobbcounty.org
Fri Mar 1 14:46:22 GMT 2002

Can you turn debugging off and test it?

   1. problem with config of samba2.03 on VMS5.5-2 / UCX 4.1 (Klaus Thonke)

Since I installed Samba 2.03 replacing 1.9.17p4, I cannot get the network
running correctly, although I use the old smb.conf file.
The VAX is visible for the Win PCs as a member of the workgroup, but I
cannot browse or connect to a specific exported drive --> some error message
like ".. network path not found" is displayed.
When I try to connect from my W2K PC, I find the following in the
  getpeername failed. Error was invalid argument