samba_vms_2_0_6

Jeff Byrkit jbyrkit at pcpao.org
Thu Jun 27 14:02:59 GMT 2002

I just finished getting the freeware kits from compaq running. I did not
compile from source. I'm curious how it works for you, since the samba method
of locking is crude and I'm interested in recoding it using the vms lock
manager, if it would speed things up any.

Anyhow,

I did $set file xxx.xxx/att=rfm:var to all of the text files (com,txt,opt)
and also the object files in the kit (.obj).

I may have forgot something, but you get the gist.

Jeff Byrkit
Assistant Deputy for Information Systems
Pinellas County Property Appraiser