Anyone using a recent version of SAMBA on VMS 5.5-2?

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed Jul 24 03:10:21 GMT 2002

  Message: 1
  Bird Stephen <Stephen.Bird at siemens.com.austraila> wrote:

> I'm wanting to get a recent version of SAMBA running on a VAX with VMS
> 5.5-2H4 (with Pathway 3.0 TCP/IP). Has anyone ported FRONTPORT and/or got
> SAMBA running on this early a VMS?

There is a 2.0.3 version available for OpenVMS 5.5-2, if you install the
AACRTL kit.

I am not aware of anyone getting FRONTPORT to run on that old of
version.  It would need to add several replacement routines, and then
SAMBA 2.0.x would need to be rebuilt to use them.

I will try to remember to add those routines for when I do an update to
FRONTPORT.

In the mean time, someone has posted a URL for SAMBA 2.2.4 for OpenVMS.

You may want to see if that will work with your older version.  No one
has posted any details about the 2.2.4 implementations.

I downloaded the source, but have not had time to look at it.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network