**Fwd: Re: Mapped drives but server invisible from clients

Alder ue191 at victoria.tc.ca
Sat Jul 20 23:46:30 GMT 2002

Considering your suggestions and those of Carl Perkins together, along
with the docs on browsing, I've beefed up my smb.conf file as follows:

[global]
   workgroup = EREBUS
   server string = OpenVMS Samba 2.0.6

   wins support = yes
   netbios name = szeged
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   os level = 65
   name resolve order = wins bcast

   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   hosts allow = 192.168.0. localhost
   lock directory = /samba_root/var/locks

   socket options = SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY
   interfaces = 192.168.0.3/24
   default service = default
   guest account = SAMBA__GUEST

   share modes = no
   read raw = yes
   write raw = yes
   read prediction = yes
   ole locking compatibility = no

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[default]
   comment = Guest Account
   browsable = no
   public = yes
   available = yes
   writable = no
   printable = no
   path = /samba_root/temp

Looks like everything should work.  But...the NMBD server starts up (I
can see it with SHOW SYSTEM if I'm quick) and then quits after a short
period.  Looks like I have take another trip with the AUDIT tool.  I'll
let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Alder