Problems with VMS backup save sets after FTP transfers.

Boyce, Nick nick.boyce at eds.com
Wed Feb 13 18:23:45 GMT 2002

(to the tune of "As I was going to Scarboro Fair")

As I was going through my mailbox this morning, trying to find all the
overnight mail that had pushed it over our corporate max permitted mailbox
size *again*, I found this message, containing :

50 lines of useful VMS command procedure message from Tim Oakley.
65 lines of quoted message from David Taubner (the message Tim is replying
to), containing another 23 useful lines of VMS tips & tricks.
34 lines of the original query message from Peter Meehan.
95 lines of Peter's message rendered in HTML garbage.

All of the above repeated about 3 times later on, being quoted & requoted by
various folks (I couldn't face trying to work out exactly who quoted what
said by whom).

Grand total = 904 message lines ..... for 73 lines' worth of good stuff.

I *try* not to grouse, and no offence intended, but ... come on people ...
netiquette ?

Nick Boyce
EDS Southwest Solution Centre, Bristol, UK