Upgrading OpenVMS.

kenl at genyc.com kenl at genyc.com
Sat Dec 28 18:45:45 GMT 2002

Thanx for getting back, Andreas, I did go to ask the wizard, historically it
does take a long time for an answer,

At one time, we can put a single search like Decserver, and it would come back
with all kinds of good information, but for some reason, I think HP has reduced
that feature and I find it really tough to get optional answers from there now.

Maybe you know something I don't.  However, I did find putting key word
searches in Google and that seems to help.

I checked into the eco you refered to, but this is an upgrade, (unless maybe
this ECO should be installed first).   However, I get the same problem ie
installing a new install, so I do not think the eco would help.

John:  Initialially I was getting virtual memory errors, so I booted up:
b -fl 0,1 dka400 then changed the PQL_MPGFLQUOTA to 500000.  This solved the
virtual memory error, now I just get the message which you seen previous.

I was wondering if it is something unique to the 433 au series.

The firmware is current, the install failes for both update(preserver) and new
installs.

I may have reopen a call with HP, ie, it is not mission critical system, just a
lab machine for testing before I upgrade any production system.

I thought maybe there might be other system parameters that should be increased.

Kenneth Lang