Samba for VMS

Michael D. Ober MDO at wakeassoc.com
Fri Dec 20 16:22:02 GMT 2002

You will need to turn off encrypted passwords on your clients.  They are on
by default in NT4 SP3, Win98, WinME, W2K, and XP.  There should be registry
edit files in the samba distribution for Win95 and WinNT.  95, 98, and ME
all use the Win95 file and NT, 2K, and XP use the NT file.  You need to have
administrative privs to do this.

Also, the only version of Samba VMS that properly supports Windows 2000 and
XP is 2.2.4, which can be downloaded from
<http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/jyc/>.  Encrypted passwords are
supported in this version, so you can leave them on.

Mike Ober.