Samba for VMS

Diane M Gonzales GonzalDM at appliedbiosystems.com
Fri Dec 20 15:13:23 GMT 2002

I have downloaded the Samba binaries for OpenVMS and have followed the
 instructions in the readme.vms file.   Currently the NMBD process is
running.
All I need is to be able to copy a file from my PC to the
 \\hostsamba\share drive, however I have not been able to do this.    I
have a very simple smb.conf  file using security server.    Does anyone
have experience with Samba
on VMS?

OS version:                                        OpenVMS (TM) Alpha
Operating System, Version V7.3
Samba version downloaded:      SAMBA V1.9.17p4-VMS2

Thanks in advance :-}
Diane Gonzales
Informatics Support, ABI
800-762-5467 Option 1