Performance Enhancements for Samba/VMS 2.2.4

kenl at genyc.com kenl at genyc.com
Fri Dec 20 02:28:19 GMT 2002

Hello:

I seemed to be a little confused here as the function of the new logical.

I downloaded version 2.2.4 the version dated September 9th.  This seemed to
install at the time nicely, but yes there was a performance issue.

Today I downloaded the version 2.2.4 dated December 17, and yes there is an
improvement once the session is created on the alpha from windows for browsing.

Interesting though, I have a directory with all my log files, VFC format where
I have a web interface for my users to review over night logfiles.  The when I
open the previous version, the display (though slow) displays perfectly, better
than EDT.

However, the December 17 version, when display the log files, yes there are
special characters as you describe in there.  I played with the logical as you
suggested, ie disabled it etc, and turning it off, makes it totally unreadable.

So I guess my question is, does this logical set it back to the function of the
earlier version of release 2.2.4.

And yes, I am using wordpad, and I tried notepad, both seem to be the same.

The version I downloaded did come from your site today.

Kenneth Lang

Quoting jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr: