Time to add blocking to the mailing list?

B. Z. Lederman lederman at Encompasserve.org
Thu Dec 19 11:07:24 GMT 2002

    I assume others have also seen the junk from 888 at 21cn.com and
 similar addresses advertising something from
 http://www.szbookshop.com (though I'm not sure what, since it's in
 8 bit characters).

    I've reported this through SpamCop, but I'm not sure it will
 do any good.  The mail originates from a network in China, and
 according to SpamCop they ignore abuse reports, at least from
 SpamCop.  My experience is that they ignore abuse reports from
 everyone.

    If the administrator of this mailing list can't get any
 response from them, or the system where the URL is, I propose
 that it's now time to block the source from submitting mail to to
 the mailing list.  It appears to be the only way to deal with
 these people.

    (Unless someone can read the posts and says that they are in
 fact related to the SAMBA product we're discussing here.)

    Bart.