DECC Runtime Library, SAMBA 2.2.4 on OpenVMS 6.2

Naveed Ahmed nahmed at softhome.net
Tue Dec 10 11:47:55 GMT 2002

I am trying to install SAMBA 2.2.4 on OpenVMS 6.2 on VAX, I don't have DECC
license.

I have few questions:

1) Is Frontport required for SAMBA 2.2.4?
2) To compile frontport in previous versions i.e. < 7.1 , as stated in
FREEWARE_README.TXT you need sys$share:decc$crtl.olb, does this file come
with new DECC Runtime library? Can it be downloaded separately for free, or
DECC license must be purchased?
3) Is it possible to link SAMBA 2.2.4 on previous version of OpenVMS with
new DECC RTL?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer these questions.

Thanks,
Naveed