Samba for OpenVMS 6.2-1H3

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu Dec 5 01:17:02 GMT 2002

"Plante, Sylvain" wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I installed successfully Samba 2.2.4 on two server running OpenVMS
> 7.1 and TCPware 5.6
>
> Now I want to add Samba on 5 other server but running OpenVMS 6.2-1H3
>  and TCPware 5.3.
>
> For software reason I cannot upgrade these server to 7.1 So the =
> question is ...
>
> What is the version of Samba that will run with OpenVMS 6.2-1H3 and
> where will I find it ?

I understand that the SAMBA 2.0.3 ports and earlier will run with
OpenVMS 5.5-2 and later.  AACRTL060 kit required for 5.5-2.

I have seen reports on this list that they can be found on mirrors of
the http://www.samba.org site.

Be aware that there is a protocol incompatability between Windows 2000
and later and SAMBA versions prior to 2.0.7.  It sometimes causes severe
performance delays.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network