samba-vms digest, Vol 1 #279 - 1 msg

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Aug 16 03:26:56 GMT 2002

"Jenkins, Brian P." <BPJenkins at delinvest.company> wrote:

> I just setup Samba 2.0.6 on OpenVMS 7.3 alpha.  The SMBD service creates
> this error in the log.  I see samba_root:[var.private]machine.sid is created
> but it looks empty.

If you have a machine.sid from a previous version of SAMBA for OpenVMS,
it needs to be deleted for 2.0.6.  The file formats are different.

SMBD will recreate the file the next time it runs.

> Does Samba doc exist specifically for OpenVMS?

The closest is the SAMBA-VMS FAQ, last update published can be found by
searching the VMS conference at http://encompasserve.org or by searching
comp.os.vms on http://www.google.com

On the SAMBA-TECHNICAL list, it was posted that O'Reilly was looking for
reviewers for a new SAMBA book.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network