Diagnosis Test 3

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Apr 21 16:24:07 GMT 2002

"Naveed Ahmed" <Greatman at Softhome.network>

 > I am already doing it with quotes, diagnosis file suggest that it is
 > due to  hosts allow and hosts deny, and guest settings in conf file,
 > I have following settings
 >
 > guest ok = yes
 > guest account = naveed
 > username = naveed
 > hosts deny = none
 > hosts allow = localhost, 135.1.1.
 >
 > Is there any wrong with it?

I have not really used the hosts deny and host allow options, but I
think that you may have the wrong syntax for a range of hosts.

When you do a hosts allow, I think that it implies that all other hosts
are denied.

I would recommend checking the documentation for the smb.conf file.
If the copy with the SAMBA distribution is not usuable, use the one from
your local mirror which can be found from http://www.samba.org.

The guest account needs to exist and have write access to it's own
directory and to SAMBA_ROOT:[VAR].

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network