New Me

Naveed Ahmed Greatman at Softhome.net
Wed Apr 17 11:42:12 GMT 2002

As you have possibly read in my previous mail I have configured SAMBA on VAX
running VMS 6.2, Now I had to install it on ALPHA Server running VMS 7.2,
Although I copied complete configurations from VAX, and ironically ALPHA is
showing in Networking Neighborhood, I can't map drive, it gives Bad
Password Error. I have modified registry for plain text passwords. Also
Diagnosis test 3 is not running in Alpha
smbclient -L ACSYS2
giving message
Domain=[POIROT] OS=[OpenVMS] Server=[Samba 2.0.3]
tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in
a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

I have following entries both in VAX and ALPHa smb.conf file
guest ok = yes
guest account = naveed
username = naveed
hosts deny = none
hosts allow = localhost, 135.1.1.

where PC = 135.1.1.4
VAX = 135.1.1.3
ALPHA = 135.1.1.2

SMBD service is running on both VAX and ALPHA, this test runs successfully
on VAX showing shares, while fails on ALPHA, what can be the reasons.

Thanks

Naveed