error connecting to 10.XXX.XXX.XXX:139 (connection refused )

Jeff Campbell jcampbell at ins-msi.com
Fri Apr 12 22:52:50 GMT 2002

Naveed Ahmed wrote:

> You should enable smbd
> $ ucx enable service smbd
>
> Add this line in SYS$MANAGER:SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM after
> @SYS$STARTUP:SAMBA_STARTUP

I would suggest that the "UCX ENABLE SERVICE SMBD" line be
add to SYS$STARTUP:SAMBA_STARTUP.COM itself rather than
SYS$MANAGER:SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM.

> although
>
> $ ucx enable service config smbd
>
> should add enable smbd whenever ucx is started, but it didn't work for me,
> so I had to enter it in startup file.

I also would suggest that this command never be used. It is unnecessary
if the above change to SYS$STARTUP:SAMBA_STARTUP.COM is made. Worse, as
Naveed points out, it doesn't work anyway without modifying yet another
file: SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGICALS.COM.

> Naveed

Jeff Campbell
n8wxs at arrl.net