Can't browse shares

john marchant jmarchant at cobbcounty.org
Wed Apr 3 15:10:33 GMT 2002

I saw in some lists where removing all but tcp/ip from the Windows machine
helped.  What happens when you use "net view \\servername?"  I also saw
where the server name was the problem where a "." was at the first of the
computers name.

Mostly, I would have the username accessing the box and the guest account in
smbpasswd.

What do the logs say?

---

Dear list

Samba 2.0.6 installed on OpenVMS 7.2 with TCPIP from the DECUS user license.

Samba is installed and the VAX can be seen in MS network neighbourhood, but
I can't see any shares that are set up in the conf.  Guest account exists
and is disabled.  Any thoughts?