Drive mapping no longer works on Windows 2000 PCs

Robert F. Thomas rft at asthomas.com
Fri Sep 28 19:34:35 GMT 2001

We have been successfully using SAMBA 1.9.17p4 with WIN2000.  WIN200 uses
encyption for passwords, so all of our shares are public and do not require
special password checking.

Being a small organization a "wide open" network is appropriate.  We do not
create any shares on OpenVMS that have sensitive data.  Unfortunately,
personal shares do not work.

Bob Thomas