FrontPort Install

John E. Malmberg malmberg at Encompasserve.org
Thu Oct 11 19:36:37 GMT 2001

(I know my previous post on another topic just showed up in the digest
 packed in an unreadable format.  I do not know what happened.)

  www.openvms.compaq.com/frontport/freeware50.

> However I've started the frontport_startup.com, the files
> (images)frontport_crtl frontport_axp_v7_2.exe,
> frontport___set_user_axp_v7_2.exe, frontport.exe_axp
> and frontport_back.exe_axp weren't in the frontport_v_1_0e02.zip for
> Alpha environment like the frontport_documentation.txt was listing.
> Where I found these files

Those files are not present in the .zip file.  They are built by the
FRONTPORT_STARTUP.COM procedure.  The binaries are in object library
format.  The *.obj_axp and OLB_AXP should be present.

This is to allow running the images on an earlier version of VMS than
I compiled on.

The frontport___set_user_*.exe must be linked against the system image
for the specific version of OpenVMS in use.  The FRONTPORT_STARTUP.COM
procedure takes care of this automatically.

The FRONTPORT_STARTUP.COM expects that all the files that it needs to
build and install the image are in the same directory that it is.

You can use the set verify, and the directory command to see better
what the problem is.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network