FrontPort

John E. Malmberg malmberg at Encompasserve.org
Tue Oct 9 20:18:45 GMT 2001

[posted and mailed to original sender]

PTavares#telefonica-rs.net.br wrote:
> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:42:36 -0300
>
> First of all I'd like to thank your support. It has been helping me to
> setup my environment. But I'm facing a new problem right now: as you
> suggested I got Samba from that Compaq's site but it asks for FrontPort.
> In that site I've found the binaries to install FrontPort on VMS but I'm
> unable to setup them as well...the documentation speaks about to run
> FRONTPORT_STARTUP.COM but when it's done the script doesn't find the
> images for the binaries (*.EXE)...where do I find them? Or otherwise, do I
> have to compile the sources to get them on?

There have been some reported quirks on versions of VMS on VAX and Alpha
that are different than the ones that I tested on.

The binaries are on the COMPAQ freeware CD-ROM and download site, along
with the source kit.  There is one binary kit for VAX, and one for ALPHA.
The VAX binary kit has VAX in it's name.

The source is in a separate kit, it is the one with source in it's name.

I just verified that all of the files are at the ftp site.

The FRONTPORT_STARTUP.COM expects that the binaries for the architecture
that you are running are present in the same directory as the procedure
resides in.

If you have installed the ALPHA binary kit on a VAX, the FRONTPORT_STARTUP
routine will not be able to find any binaries.  I never tested that
combination, so I am not sure what error message it will produce.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only

This list is archived, see: