Help on Open-VMS

PTavares at telefonica-rs.net.br PTavares at telefonica-rs.net.br
Tue Oct 2 18:41:22 GMT 2001

Hi Mike!

I've got started NMBD on its right TCP port and the VMS server is already
being seen through my network but I'm unable to see the exported path in
smb.conf. What else may be missed out?

This is a sample of my smb.conf:

[global]
        config file = SAMBA_ROOT:[LIB]SMB.CONF
                server string = Samba (Servidor Open-VMS 7.2)
        workgroup = CRT_CELULAR
        netbios name = crt012
        security = server
        password server = server02 server01
                guest account = tecxpt01
        status = yes
        share modes = yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        keepalive = 30
                log file = SAMBA_ROOT:[VAR]SMB.LOG
[homes]
        comment = Home Directory
        browseable = no
        create mode = 0755
        public = no
        writable = yes
[VMS]
        comment = PVCS
        path = SAMBA_ROOT:[VAR]
        guest ok = yes
        valid users = tstxlb01 tecxpt01
        public = yes
        writable = yes
        directory mask = 0775
        directory mode = 0775

Is this right? Is there any missing parameter or bad configured?

Thanks for any help.

[ Paulo Tavares ]
[ Oracle DBA - Telefonica Celular/Brazil ]
[ Phone: +55 51 32150052 ]
[ ptavares at telefonica-rs.net.br ]