Help for SAMBA on Open-VMS

PTavares at telefonica-rs.net.br PTavares at telefonica-rs.net.br
Mon Oct 1 20:33:55 GMT 2001

Hi John!

Regarding your comments, I'm sending this message in plan text. I've
recently installed Samba 1.9.17p4 on my Open-VMS plaftorm. I'm working on
VMS is 7.1.2 and UCX 4.2 ECO 4. These are my problems/doubts:

- On a Unix platform, Samba there is always 2 daemons running: smbd and
nmbd. I haven't found nmbd running on VMS, only smbd...is that right?
Otherwise, what might be wrong?
- On VMS, TCP port 139 does not receive any connections from Windows PC
and this is the port used by Samba...may it be a missed parameter or bad
configuration parameter in smb.conf or something else?

Sorry for asking so much about it but I really don't know Samba so well
and any help is very useful.

Thanks in advance.

[ Paulo Tavares ]
[ Oracle DBA - Telefonica Celular/Brazil ]
[ Phone: +55 51 32150052 ]
[ ptavares at telefonica-rs.net.br ]