Samba 2.0.6 on Alpha VMS - file writing problem

Stephen Hall stephen.hall at xlg.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 14:43:44 GMT 2001

Gents,

Whilst I can't offer any kind of a solution, I can confirm that I'm seeing
exactly the same problem as Robert. ( AlphaServer 1200 5/400 4MB running
OpenVMS V7.1. Digital TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V4.1. Samba
2.0.6 and Frontport from Compaq website).

If I use TextPad to edit an existing file on a drive mapped from the Alpha
using Samba, the file is mangled on saving. Interestingly enough, files
edited using PFE don't seem to show the same behaviour.

Regards
Stephen

+++
EMail: stephen.hall at xlg.co.uk