Understanding fstat call in streams_xattr

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri Jun 21 08:58:56 UTC 2024

On 6/21/24 6:32 AM, Varun Mittal via samba-technical wrote:
> Why is there -1 in the result ?
> If I simply remove this -1, I was able to get setxattr to work

that looks like the place where we're stripping off the trailing nul
byte which in the past was required to have in order to implement
zero-bytes sized streams with an xattr backend when in the past xattrs
didn't allow for 0-byte sized xattrs, so we had to store an empty byte.

-slow

--
SerNet Samba Team Lead
Samba Support, Consulting and Development