vendor version/revision string

Björn Baumbach bb at sernet.de
Thu Jun 20 16:21:12 UTC 2024

Hi!

On 6/20/24 08:46, Michael Tokarev via samba-technical wrote:
> The prob is that --vendor-patch-revision expects just a number.  While
> in debian,
> version string is a string with many words, - even the debian revision
> "number"
> (everything after the upstream version) isn't a number but a string.

Same here. I also add the revision and information about the destination
os to the version string, similar to:

# smbd -V
Version 4.19.7-SerNet-9debian12

Until now I achieve this by patching the SAMBA_VERSION_VENDOR_SUFFIX in
the VERSION file at the beginning of the package build process.

Best regards,
Björn