Return SMB2_CREATE_FLAG_REPARSEPOINT in create response

Carson Buttars carson at et.byu.edu
Tue Jul 16 22:08:19 UTC 2024

Hello all,

I just completed the mountpoint detection patch I've been working on,
and feedback on it would be great. Here is a link to it: 3141
<https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/3141>.

In working on this, I also stumbled upon the
SMB2_CREATE_FLAG_REPARSEPOINT (MS-SMB2 2.2.14
<https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-smb2/d166aa9e-0b53-410e-b35e-3933d8131927>)
field in the create request, and it seems to not be implemented in any
way. There's not a lot of information on it, but as far as I understand,
it should be returned if the requested file is opened without the
FILE_OPEN_REPARSE_POINT create option and the file is a in fact a
reparse point. Am I understanding that right? Is there a good reason to
or to not implement it?

Thanks,

Carson Buttars