mit-krb5 and heimdal binaries

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Mar 19 19:19:52 UTC 2023

On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 08:56:52AM +0000, Rowland Penny via samba-technical wrote:

>Alexander, as I said, I do not have an axe to grind in this, if Samba
>decides to move to MIT, then so be it. You however, do have  an axe to
>grind, you work for red-hat, who are on record as saying that there
>will never be an AD DC on RHEL. Are you now saying that, if Samba
>moves to MIT, there will be ?

These are not productive comments. Please don't attack Alexander
or other Red Hat engineers who are working on Samba.

It's also not reasonable to try and force Alexander or any other
Red Hat engineer to make "official" policy statements on behalf
of Red Hat that they're simply not allowed to make. That would
be very damaging to their career, and isn't the way the corporate
Open Source world works.

Please step back and try to be kinder to your fellow engineers,
and always assume good faith from your Team mates, as they do
to you.

Jeremy.