Does the CreateDisposition flag of a client depend on Server's response ?

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri Jan 27 18:28:03 UTC 2023

On 1/27/23 19:14, varun mittal via samba-technical wrote:
> The SMB2 spec says that the application decides the CreateDisposition flag.
> Since the client is same in both cases, is there something in the initial

well, the short answer is probably "no", as CreateDisposition flag is
client chosed, as you've already found out yourself. Otoh, *something*
seems to trigger the different behaviour and there may well be
differences in server behaviour, so I would check everything server side
that may affect wire behaviour starting at the top like checking basic
configuration down to the bottom ie compare every bit on the wire with
wireshark until you find the difference.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead      https://sernet.de/en/team-samba