[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Jan 25 11:20:56 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 25 January 2023 02:22:30 CET Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 02:50:37PM +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:
> >I suggest to use my `git review+` tool :-)
> >
> >https://git.cryptomilk.org/users/asn/dotfiles.git/tree/git/bin/git-review+
> >
> >same for signoff:
> >https://git.cryptomilk.org/users/asn/dotfiles.git/tree/git/bin/git-signoff+
>
> Great work Andreas ! Although I personally prefer to use the
> "Reviewed-by: <myself>" tag as a mark I've actually read and
> understood the code I've merged in my tree.
>
> Whilst I'm reviwing someone's patch I leave off the "Reviewed-by: <myself>"
> tag on patches I don't understand, and only add them once I'm
> good with the code.
>
> So doing a bulk add of "Reviewed-by: <myself>" actually breaks
> my workflow.

It depends.

For example I reviewed already Pavel his debug indentation patches but asked
to add a test now. So once this is done I will review the test and as I
reviewed the other stuff already I can just call `git review+`.

It can also be the other way around. Someone reviews my MR and adds a comment
that the patches look fine. Lets assume that was you. Then I can just do:

  git review+ --by jra
  git autobuild

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D