Failing tests on Fedora

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 22 17:54:28 UTC 2023

On Wed, 2023-02-22 at 08:25 +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 February 2023 09:11:41 CET Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2023-02-16 at 09:04 +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-
> >
> > technical wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm currently trying to run 'make test' as part of the RPM build process
> > > (%check). So I'm trying to get everything working, but I'm seeing strange
> > > issues and I need some help to track them down.
> > >
> > > We create a test user with `samba-tool user add`, which succeeds! Note
> > > that
> > > samba-tool directly operates on the database here!
> > >
> > > Next we try to do an operation via ldap:// and if you look at the error
> > > above it tells us the user we sucessfully createa a few moments agao
> > > doesn't exist.
> > >
> > > It looks like the samba process didn't recognize that that the database
> > > was
> > > modified.
> > >
> > > I also see something like that with Kerberos tests, we create a user with
> > > `samba-tool add user` and then the KDC can't find it in the database =>
> > > same pattern.
> > >
> > > I don't have deep knowledge of the AD server, so hints how to track this
> > > down are much appreciated.
> >
> > This is very, very strange.  Particularly if it works for a single test
> > but not a suite of tests.  The KDC is just another tool reading that
> > same sam.ldb, there isn't any extra cache or anything involved.
>
> I don't find how we define which ldb uses tdb as the backend or lmdb. I would
> like to try only with tdb databases.

This is decided at provision time with the command line options to
samba-tool domain provision.  The default is tdb, but in selftest this
is overridden to be lmdb by default, with a selftest.pl parameter of .
--default-ldb-backend=tdb forced in on 32 bit systems in
selftest/wscript

Andrew Bartlett (he/him)        https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Team Member (since 2001)  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT    https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba