buggy krb5 ccache behavior and cmocka unit tests

Christian Merten christian at merten.dev
Wed Sep 28 12:04:28 UTC 2022

Hello,

1.) I encountered a few issues when using other ccache names in
samba-tool. For example:

samba-tool user list --use-kerberos=required --use-kerberos=required
--use-krb5-ccache=KEYRING:persistent:12345:12345

gives NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

although klist correctly shows a ticket that is working with ldapsearch.

Also using --use-krb5-ccache=DIR gives a segmentation fault. The
segmentation fault is thrown somewhere in the python function
set_named_ccache patched in auth/credentials/pycredentials.c. I tried to
track it back to the actual c code, but I stumbled upon cmocka tests.
This leads me to my second question:

2.) How do I run cmocka unit tests? I tried make subunit-tests
TESTS=auth.credentials.tests.test_creds but I only get: skipping subunit
(testscenarios are not available).

Best regards
Christian

--