SMB3 POSIX Spec draft

Tom Talpey tom at talpey.com
Sat Sep 24 00:09:59 UTC 2022

On 9/22/2022 1:36 PM, David Mulder via samba-technical wrote:
> I've attached my first draft of the SMB3 POSIX Spec. I tried to find a
> balance between providing too little and too much information. I want it
> to slip in cleanly with the [MS-SMB2] spec, and be easy to follow by
> someone implementing the protocol.
>
> Please provide feedback on both the technical details, as well as the
> formatting, content, etc.

David, this is a great start! Organizing the markdown in the Microsoft
document template layout looks good, and will make it easy to cross-
reference - and who knows, maybe even merge!

How do you want feedback? I'd prefer to use email, personally, so we
can all see (and join) any discussion. Is samba-technical the best spot?

Tom.