samba-tool dsacl management

Christian Merten christian at merten.dev
Mon Sep 12 22:33:16 UTC 2022

> Tested contributions are most welcome.
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/285
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/284
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/283
>
> Was the last attempt in this area, but it was not tested so didn't
> land.
>
> So again, contributions are welcome, but we really do need them to have
> tests.
Thank you, I'll start working on it. Currently I am stuck though with
running the samba-tool out of the repositories master branch. It always
fails with

"No module named samba.param"

I tried running it from various places, also as suggested here
(https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2018-December/131538.html),
I tried python3 ./bin/samba-tool from source4/scripting but still the
same error. Also I don't see a params.py under python/samba.

Am I missing something? I found the Developer's Guide on samba.org, but
there does not seem to be any information about samba-tool. Also on
wiki.samba.org I couldn't find anything.

Best regards
Christian

--
Christian Merten