samba-tool dsacl management

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 12 20:02:34 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-09-12 at 20:27 +0200, Christian Merten via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as far as I know, the capabilities of samba-tool for managing DSACLs are
> quite restricted (only getting the whole security descriptor and adding
> new ACEs is possible). Is there any development going on on this topic
> currently? I could not find anything in the roadmap.
>
> Since I am currently writing a tool for linux based on ldbsearch and
> ldbmodify to configure DSACLs, I wondered if contributions on this topic
> to samba-tool are welcome.
>
> Best regards
> Christian

Tested contributions are most welcome.

https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/285

https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/284

https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/283

Was the last attempt in this area, but it was not tested so didn't
land.

So again, contributions are welcome, but we really do need them to have
tests.

Andrew Bartlett (he/him)        https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Team Member (since 2001)  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT    https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba