Upgrade AD DS from 4.9.5 -> 4.13.13, cannot resolve usernames on member server

Harald Hannelius harald+samba at arcada.fi
Thu Oct 27 09:57:57 UTC 2022

Hi there,

I upgraded my AD DS servers from Debian 10 to Debian 11 bullseye which also
upgraded Samba from 4.9.5 to 4.13.13.

Now I notice that I am unable to resolve usernames on the member servers. I
have only numbers in the processlist for example. 'getent passwd
"DOMAIN\harald"' doesn't return anything.

Did I miss something in the upgrade process?

Now when I restarted the smbd, winbind and nmbd I am unable to connect to
the member server.

--

Harald Hannelius | harald.hannelius/a\arcada.fi | +358 50 594 1020