failing tests in the testsuite on debian

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Nov 15 21:45:30 UTC 2022

16.11.2022 00:28, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:
..
>> Yes, the DOS attributes are stored in an EA.
>>
>> Tests that create EA's should be run against a share
>> using vfs objects including vfs_xattr_tdb so they
>> don't depend on the underlying filesystem for EA
>> support.
>>
>> I see the bug. The definition of [tmpenc]
>> has:
>>
>> vfs objects = dirsort
>>
>> It should be:
>>
>> vfs objects = dirsort xattr_tdb
>>
>> as you're running it against a filesystem
>> (tmpfs) that doesn't support EAs.

Yes, it fixes the failure on a filesystem which does not support
user EAs (tmpfs is one of them, it supports system EAs but not user).

> Try this patch. Let me know if it fixes it and
> I'll try it in a ci-build.

Yes, I already gave it a try right after your previous email.
It immediately fixed the first out of 4 issues I wrote about in
the same email above.

I was more concerned about the other failures, and once again tried
to address these, now once you gave me some clues about where things
are defined (the thing to search was "[tmpenc]", so I found
selftest/target/Samba3.pm file.

So yes, this one is fixed by using xattr_tdb.  And I can't dig there
anymore today to see where the other 4 tests are failing -- I'm just
too tired now, need some rest.

I'll try to find out why the other 3 are failing tomorrow, hopefully.

Thank you for the support!

/mjt