internal backtrace support - libunwind or backtrace_symbols?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 30 08:06:21 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-05-30 at 10:49 +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> Now I looked at the traces he's getting, and it looks like the prob
> there is
>
> not the lack of a backtrace but a corrupt stack which can't be
> backtraced.

There was also a message from me that made it seem that no backtrace
was a packaging problem.  I had got in my head that backtrace_symbols()
was for some exotic platform, not a standard glibc feature.

Anyway...

> I'll disable libunwind on debian samba build now once things are
> clear.
>
> And this mess is what I'm getting when trying to be just a bit
> helpful
>
> but in a rush.  Please excuse me for the noise.

No worries.  I'm glad to got a moment to check some facts properly.  We
will get this as right as possible soon!

> Unfortunately I still
>
> don't know what to do with Dirk's case.

Yeah, I've not fully understood it but likewise nothing has jumped out
at me yet.

Solutions