tons of uselib_local warnings in waf

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu May 19 12:23:28 UTC 2022

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 6:52:29 AM CEST Michael Tokarev via samba-technical
wrote:
> I tried to dig there, but weren't able to figure out how
> it all works.  The following change does eliminate the
> warning, but I'm not sure the resulting thing actually
> does what it is supposed to do.  For one, there's no
> function like "apply_use()" in samba_waf18.py which does
> something similar to "apply_uselib_local()", - I don't
> see where this "use" attribute is processed.
>
> What would be the right fix for this?
>
> Also, where to look for some basic docs about waf
> internals?

Hi Michael,

I wonder if someone really does. You can look for docs at https://waf.io for
waf documentation, but there isn't any documentation for wafsamba at all.

I would suggest to create a MR at gitlab, then we will see if anything breaks
or not :-)

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_on_GitLab

Best regards

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D